“As a portrait artist, I always felt likeness was equal to the personality of the person, thereby seeking to make art happen. The same with dogs, and that’s an exciting challenge that never gets old to me.”
1. 30% deposit for painting or drawing
2. Approval of a concept sketch
3. 30% payment for mid way through
4. Approval of finished work by sending images through email
5. Final payment and shipping costs
6. The commissioned work is carefully packed and shipped to you.
Commissioning a finished drawing or painting by Joseph Sulkowski is an easy and enjoyable process. Your specific desires for your painting are carefully discussed. Appropriate pictures are important to Joseph, mostly which he prefers to take himself. The photographs are used as a reference point to capture the light and shadow that bring out the distinctive forms on the subject. A one on one experience allows the artist to get a personal feel for a place, person, dog, or horse. Any travel accommodations are covered by you the client. Often professional photographs you have can be used and may supplement any photographs Joseph uses for reference.